Re: RDFS compatibility information in OWL-DL documents

On Apr 18, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Bijan Parsia wrote:
>
>> I have a lonely preference for literals, but the toolkits have
>> problems with them (and there are namespace issues I think you've
>> mentioned...you could use an alternative syntax but then the
>> toolkits just die faster :)).
>
> I think this might be the best approach.
[snip]

Ooo, now *two* people like it!

Consensus...here we come! :)

(To be fair, I've usually advocated embedding RDF/XML since that
would keep us "standards tied" all the way down, only one syntax,
etc. and that seems to have problems. One could encode it as a string
instead of as an xmlliteral which might work better.)

Re:

> _:a a owl11:Annotation .
> _:a owl11:annotating """
> # some turtle that gives the triples being annotated
>
> """ .
> _:a rdfs:comment """ .
> annotation
> """
> _a dc:creator "Another Annotation" .

You could also do:

_:a a owl11:Axiom;
      rdf:value """" the turtle or xml or whatever expessing the axiom"
_:a rdfs:comment """"whatever"
_:a dc:creator """bijan"""...

Cheers,
Bijan.