Re: RDFS compatibility information in OWL-DL documents

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:23:02 +0100
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> I have a lonely
> preference for literals, but the toolkits have problems with them (and
> there are namespace issues I think you've mentioned...you could use an
> alternative syntax but then the toolkits just die faster :)).

I think this might be the best approach.

e.g.

_:a a owl11:Annotation .
_:a owl11:annotating """
# some turtle that gives the triples being annotated

""" .
_:a rdfs:comment """ .
annotation
"""
_a dc:creator "Another Annotation" .

With the namespaces, probably best to have a single literal somewhere in
the document that gives the prefixes explicitly, in turtle and link them
in, e.g. with _:a as before

_:a owl11:turtleDeclarations _b .

_:b a owl11:AnnotationDeclarations .
_:b owl11:declarations """
# some turtle to be parsed before the other block of turtle
""" .

Much more explicitly a hack than reification, which appears to offer
more than it does.
Like reification, does mean everything gets said twice: once to say it,
and once to discuss why/how/who/when said it

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England