Re: OWL "Sydney Syntax", structured english

Kaarel --

Thanks for making your parser available as a service on the web.

In general, I believe that is the way to go, so that  SW and AI designs can
actually be tested.

That said, my misgivings about  the grammar-dictionary approach to
translating English into executable logic remain.

Your initial example works fine.  Then,  I make a minor change to

                       John+likes+someone+if+that+person+owns+a+car.

and I get

<messages>
<message importance="error" type="sentence" sentence="1" token=""
value="John likes someone if that person owns a car ." repair="This is the
first sentence that was not ACE. Please rephrase it!"/>
</messages>

So, are you optimistic that this would scale up to, say, inputting the
knowledge for the example in [1]?

If not, are there other kinds of tasks where the approach will be valuable?

                                                    Best regards,  -- Adrian

[1]
www.reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf

Internet Business Logic (R)