why restrict the set of datatypes in OWL 2 RL profile?

From: Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:50:09 +0100
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org
Hello,

The set of datatypes in OWL 2 RL is a subset of the set of OWL 2
datatypes.  The rationale given for this restriction is that the
intersection of any two values spaces should be empty or infinite in
order to obtain the desired computational properties.
I believe this is not correct.  In OWL 2 RL one does not need to
consider unnamed individuals.  Since IRIs cannot be mapped to objects in
value spaces and the interpretation of every literal is fixed, finite
(intersections of) value spaces do not require reasoning by case.
Therefore, the language keeps the desired computational properties, even
with finite datatypes.

It seems to me that the list of datatypes in OWL 2 RL needs to be
extended or better motivated.

Best, Jos