Representing annotation goals

From: Joël Kuiper <me@joelkuiper.eu>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 15:00:59 +0100
To: public-openannotation@w3.org
Hey all,

I’m currently making a system in which a user can create highlights with different meanings.
For example a user can “criticise” or “remark”, or simply annotate parts as “boring” or “interesting”.
The user is in control of these categories.

I was wondering how best to represent that as Open Annotation triples.
The oa:motivatedBy doesn’t seem to fit. Right now I simply amend the oa:Annotation with a custom statement

  <urn:uri:...> a oa:Annotation ;
    oa:hasBody <http://example.com/document#annotation> ;
    :category @interesting ;
    oa:motivatedBy oa:describing ;
    oa:hasTarget <http://example.com/document> .

Would this be the way to go, or am I overlooking something in the specs?

Kind regards,
Joël