Re: W3C Annotation Working Group?

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:

> First, we hope that you've all had a safe and happy holidays!

Hey Robert!

Thanks a lot and my best wishes for a great 2014 to you and to the whole list.

> Please let us know your thoughts on this idea!  While we think that a formal
> TR will carry significantly more weight than the current community draft,
> especially with larger industrial potential adopters, and that a broader
> scope of work can strengthen the market, we want to make sure you agree that
> the creation of a WG is the right thing to do at this stage. Do you think
> this is the right step? Would you be interested in participating in this
> proposed WG? Please give us your comments here!

We are VERY interested in participating in this!!

Not entirely sure, but i believe the little company i work for is not
interested in becoming a member of W3C, i think the "invited expert"
workaround would be more than enough. I'll do the best i can to
pretend and behave like an expert! ;)

Tho i've heard of a possible membership obtained through European
Projects, i'll investigate a bit better.

A couple of serious questions: what kind of effort (time-wise) do you
think this would require? How many "face to face" meetings does the
average WG have per year, and where? Would one person from an
organisation/project be enough or do you recommend a couple or even
more? Last but not least... where do i need to sign up? :))

Best,
Simone