Re: New Draft comments: Specific Resources

From: Paolo Ciccarese <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:33:48 -0500
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Cc: public-openannotation@w3.org
>>  12. Levels of Scopes
>>> The current proposal where oa:hasScope is attached to specific resources
>>> makes much sense. Cases where there are multiple specific resources
>>> and/or
>>> scopes involved in an annotation come to mind...
>>>

>> Multiple specific resources with different scopes, but the same source
>> resource?
>>

> Well, not only. I guess you could have, say, multiple specific targets
> with different sources, and each having their own scope. Perhaps you don't
> need to turn to such an extreme case. Anything that hints about serious
> cases (that motivate the attachment of scope to specific bodies and
> targets) would fit.

Multiple specific targets with different resources and each having their
own scope is a pretty common use case when creating annotation that spans
across multiple source resources.

It is also possible to have multiple SpecificResource with different scope
and same source resource. For instance, an image can be embedded in
multiple documents. If I create an annotation that targets the two images
(same URL) within two different documents, I could express it as same
source and different scopes.

Paolo