Re: New Draft comments: textual bodies

From: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:01:09 +0100
To: Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslhofer@cornell.edu>
CC: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, public-openannotation@w3.org
> Those are real-world annotation examples all of them being simple
> plain strings. They could easily be represented as...
>
> flickr:note1 a oa:Annotation ; oa:hasBody "what are those holes for?"
> ; oa:hasTarget
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/nationalmediamuseum/3588905866#xywh=160,120,320,240>
> # sample pixel values

+1 for this great media fragments URI usage.
+10 to what Antoine and Bernard just said: we need both simple patterns
for simple annotation and more complex patterns for structured (RDF)
descriptions and both are oa:Annotation.
We are applying the OA ontology in the LinkedTV EU project. I plan to
communicate soon to this list our results, but I can also already voice
that we had both requirements: sometimes, we are able to attach a very
complex and structured description to a TV scene or shot, while
sometimes, we just want to attach a keyword extracted from some
description to a video segment.

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy