Re: New Draft comments: textual bodies

The blank node solution provides a *single* simple pattern, rather than
requiring multiple simple patterns to be checked for for *every* annotation.

If someone, or some group, can propose a single, coherent model that can
accomodate the multiplicity constructs, tags being different from short
comments, can be cleanly expressed in a JSON-LD context, and preferably
also embedded resources such as CssStyle and SvgSelector that does not use
the Content as Text method, then the current method will be reconsidered at
that point.

If someone from flickr or company with a similarly extensive set of
annotations comes in and says that they will adopt Open Annotation, but
ONLY if we support text body as literal and NOT if they're required to use
a blank node, that would provide some additional weight.

But the difference between

{"@type" : "oa:Annotation",
 "body" : "I like this.",
 "target" : {"@id" : "http://flickr.com/images/1"}
}

and
{"@type" : "oa:Annotation",
 "body" : {"chars" : "I like this."},
 "target" : {"@id" : "http://flickr.com/images/1"}

is hardly a burden to support.

In short, please feel free to propose another method that works across the
entire model.

Rob