Re: Selection Filtering

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:07:00 +0100
To: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Cc: t-cole3@illinois.edu, public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:
> And, to clarify, it is to be used as the identifier for the specific
> resource *with* a Selector, rather than in place of it.  The reasoning:  the
> URI is not obfuscated as it's in hasSource, conflation isn't really an issue
> as the description is also available, and that it's explicitly only for when
> there's a single selector.

Why the requirement for a single selector? Did we not agree that the
selectors are 'OR'-ed rather than 'AND'-ed? (Ie. they are alternative
ways to select the same thing).  The spec does not say anything about
the interpretation of multiple states or multiple selectors. I think
it should.

And so there might be many ways to select a resource appearing in
another (say image in web page), but I don't see that as a stopper for
giving it a resolvable URI  - ie. a URL.

(remember: URI = URL union URN )

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science