Re: Selection Filtering

Apologies! Yes, I meant only Selectors as opposed to State/Context/etc,
rather than only a single Selector.  Indeed, multiple Selectors on a
specific resource are alternates and hence wouldn't affect this particular
issue.

However... given the fidelity of different selectors, you would *not* want
to use a fragment URI unless it precisely expresses the area.

For example, if the area is a circle described with an SVG Selector, it
would be very bad to have a #xywh= media fragment that identified the
bounding box around the circle as the identifier for the Specific
Resource.  In this case, all of the different paths within the bounding box
would be conflated across Annotations.

So ... I don't see it as a show-stopper, but we don't say that you can't do
it in the specification. The text from the spec is:

The Specific Target is typically identified by a URN, as an HTTP URI would
imply that the exact nature of the Specific Target was available to
retrieve by dereferencing the HTTP URI.

Which seems at most a weak SHOULD recommendation.

Thanks!

Rob