Re: Lexicographic Data in Ontolex (Draft) for the telco of Friday, 10th of October, 15:00

Hi Thierry,

  thanks for sharing this with us. A few comments:

1) I wonder why you do not use the original IDs of lexical entries in
the URIs of the lexical entries you create. That would make it easier to
identify the original source entry.

2) I wonder why you use ontolex:denotes instead of ontolex:sense. What
you describe as range of ontolex:denotes seem to be senses rather than
concepts with concrete examples of usage.

3) It seems that you have not modelled the translations relations in the
data, so far, is that right or did I miss them?

4) You use the ontolex namespace for your own URIs. That is wrong as
they are not in the ontolex namespace. Please use your own (local)
namespace there

5)

ontolex:sense_Sense_1_apc_eng_ahziye_001
     rdf:type ontolex:SenseLexicon ;
     rdfs:label "Zapatos"^^xsd:string ;
     ontolex:language "es"^^xsd:string ;
.

This should be an ontolex:LexicalSense not an ontolex:SenseLexicon. The
range of ontolex:sense is always an ontolex:LexicalSense

In general, I think it would be good to follow the guidelines that Jorge
has used in translating the Apertium lexica to lemon/ontolex RDF. It
seems to be the same type of data so that similar principles should apply.

See here: http://bpmlod.github.io/report/bilingual-dictionaries/index.html

Regards,

Philipp.

Am 09.10.14 12:26, schrieb Thierry Declerck:

> Am 09.10.2014 09:30, schrieb Philipp Cimiano:
>> Dear all,
>>
>>   this is a gentle reminder that we will have our regular ontolex
>> teleconference tomorrow 10th of October at 15:00. I will send out
>> access details tonight.
>>
>> As main agenda point I have the following:
>>
>> 1) Variation and translation module: discussion on definitions, etc.
>> 2) Lexicographic work of Thierry (@Thierry: can you please paste the
>> documents to the list as not everyone has access to the LIDER Google
>> docs, thanks!)
> Dear Philipp, All,
>
> Please find attached the files Philipp is mentioning. The file
> tei2ontolex is the result of my "playing" with the conversion of two
> TEI encoded dictionaries/lexicons of Arabic dialects (files attached),
> which have been tansmitted to us by the Austrian Academy of Sciences
> (Karl-Heinz Mörth, at ICLTT). In the context of the COST Action ENeL
> (http://www.elexicography.eu/), in which the Austrian Academy is
> centrally involved, we get some more lexicographic data in various
> formats and languages (and coverage). Interest to Ontolex is quite
> active there (we gave two talks in this COST action), and if we can
> get to some guidelines/proposals for encoding such data, this would
> give quite some impact to our work (Ontolex CG, but also the project
> LIDER) I thin.
>
> All I have been doing so far is to follow my intuition on how some of
> the TEI encoded data can be represented with Ontolex and Lexinfo. I
> also added some features, like properties for time/date and location
> (for other data I am working this is relevant, for example for marking
> the locations in which a dialect is in use, or giving some temporal
> information to etymological information.
> Well just a first attempt on my side, applied to relatively consistent
> data (you will see that the way people encode sense at the input side
> is not very consistent).
>
> For this attempt, I first had a look at the input data and had some
> manual encodings using TopBraid.
> The I wrote a Perl script for transforming the whole data set. The
> resulting ttl file can be edited in TopBraid. I didn't manage to see
> the result in Protégé.
> I can any time adapt my script to the suggestions made by the group.
>
> Tomorrow I can not attend the telco, but I think that the data I am
> sending in the attachement are cleear :-)
>
> Best
>
> Thierry

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de