Lexicographic Data in Ontolex (Draft) for the telco of Friday, 10th of October, 15:00

Am 09.10.2014 09:30, schrieb Philipp Cimiano:
> Dear all,
>
>   this is a gentle reminder that we will have our regular ontolex
> teleconference tomorrow 10th of October at 15:00. I will send out
> access details tonight.
>
> As main agenda point I have the following:
>
> 1) Variation and translation module: discussion on definitions, etc.
> 2) Lexicographic work of Thierry (@Thierry: can you please paste the
> documents to the list as not everyone has access to the LIDER Google
> docs, thanks!)
Dear Philipp, All,

Please find attached the files Philipp is mentioning. The file
tei2ontolex is the result of my "playing" with the conversion of two TEI
encoded dictionaries/lexicons of Arabic dialects (files attached), which
have been tansmitted to us by the Austrian Academy of Sciences
(Karl-Heinz Mörth, at ICLTT). In the context of the COST Action ENeL
(http://www.elexicography.eu/), in which the Austrian Academy is
centrally involved, we get some more lexicographic data in various
formats and languages (and coverage). Interest to Ontolex is quite
active there (we gave two talks in this COST action), and if we can get
to some guidelines/proposals for encoding such data, this would give
quite some impact to our work (Ontolex CG, but also the project LIDER) I
thin.

All I have been doing so far is to follow my intuition on how some of
the TEI encoded data can be represented with Ontolex and Lexinfo. I also
added some features, like properties for time/date and location (for
other data I am working this is relevant, for example for marking the
locations in which a dialect is in use, or giving some temporal
information to etymological information.
Well just a first attempt on my side, applied to relatively consistent
data (you will see that the way people encode sense at the input side is
not very consistent).

For this attempt, I first had a look at the input data and had some
manual encodings using TopBraid.
The I wrote a Perl script for transforming the whole data set. The
resulting ttl file can be edited in TopBraid. I didn't manage to see the
result in Protégé.
I can any time adapt my script to the suggestions made by the group.

Tomorrow I can not attend the telco, but I think that the data I am
sending in the attachement are cleear :-)

Best

Thierry

--

Thierry Declerck,
Senior Consultant at DFKI GmbH, Language Technology Lab

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes