Re: News industry requirement: action "license"

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:41:53 +1000
To: ODRL Community Group <public-odrl@w3.org>

I think a term like "license" is a broad concept, and which almost could be the parent of all our Permission actions?

Since what you are saying is that the assignee can license this content (downstream) for any purpose (fee or free) *unless* there was a NextPolicy declared as a Duty.

So we can define "license" as a verb such as: "The act of allowing the assignee to grant agreements with third parties for use of the asset"

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com