Re: News industry requirement: action "license"

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:37:28 +1000
Cc: ODRL Community Group <public-odrl@w3.org>
To: Ray Gauss II <ray.gauss@rightspro.com>, "cindy.lewis@me.com Lewis" <cindy.lewis@me.com>

On 16 Nov 2012, at 00:48, Ray Gauss II <ray.gauss@rightspro.com> wrote:

> We essentially mapped PLUS onto ODRL 1.1 and found that a complete and generic profile would be possible, but quite an undertaking.

The other issue we found related to interoperability.

If you look at the Vicky Vodka example [1] you can see that count, datetime, spatial, language constraints all use PLUS codes, whereas we would recommend numbers, XSD dates, ISO country codes, and IETF lang codes.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com