Re: CFC to start working on splash screen solution

From: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:20:33 +0000
Cc: public-native-web-apps@w3.org
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
On 5 Dec 2011, at 12:48, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Apart from a few changes to our Charter (based on Charles' feedback), I think we have consensus on our Charter and can formally start working on technical documents.
>
> So not to delay, this a 1 week Call for Consensus to start working on the Splash Screen as was discussed in [1]. I believe it is a good spec to start working on because it's relatively small, and the use cases and requirements are clear (again, captured mostly in [1] below).

+1

> As per our Operating Guidelines, to start work we need one (or more) Editor, Prototypist, and a Quality Assurer.
>
> Looking for volunteers.

I can do some prototyping in Apache Wookie + Apache Rave - although we render widgets embedded in websites, we can do things like export widgets from Wookie with a default splash so that its included by build.phonegap.com, and ensure that the Wookie Parser jar handles any splash screen elements/files appropriately when processing the widget package.