[widgets interface] Tests generated from WebIDL

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:43:53 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Cc: public-mwts@w3.org
Hi,

Using wttjs [1], I have generated a bunch of low-level test cases for
the Widgets Interface spec, based on its WebIDL, and uploaded them to:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/tests/idl-gen/

Since I don’t have a widgets engine that would implement the spec, I
haven’t been able to check if they detect anything remotely useful, but
I’m hoping they do — maybe someone with such a runtime engine could load
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/tests/idl-gen/all.html and see if
any tests pass? I guess the tests might need to be wrapped up in a
widget for that, in which case I have one available at:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/tests/idl-gen/idl.wgt

(obviously, these tests wouldn’t be enough to test the semantics of the
Javascript interface, but hopefully they can serve as a basis for
ensuring everyone is using the same interfaces)

Side-note: The Widgets Interface spec uses the old A&E title in its
<title> element.

Dom

1. http://suika.fam.cx/www/webidl2tests/readme