Re: After Access – Challenges Facing Mobile-OnlyInternet Users in the Developing World

As far as India is concerned the biggest issue is rendering of local
language fonts in the mobile browsers. Note that I am not even pointing
to user having to key in text in local languages, but very unfortunately
the Indian fonts do not even get displayed in the mobile browser.
Today we have over 80,000 mobile websites created using our tool
www.mobisitegalore.com and over 50% come from India, but there is no way
that they can created a mobile website in Hindi or Tamil because the
fonts would just not render in the mobile browser.
This is an important missing link as most people in India cannot read
English.

Warm regards
S.Prashanth
CEO