Re: business models

Hi Renjish,

i didn't know WBSCD. interesting reference: http://www.wbcsd.org/

>  You say:
> "What I call a non-commercial model is a model where the integration of
> an ICT service has the objective to increase the efficiency or the
> coverage of a particular non-ICT activity, typically the provision of a
> public service such as agriculture extension or education."
> By this, did you mean that all MW4D technology projects applied on
> non-ICT areas are non-commercial?

not at all. for me a non-commercial model is a model where the service
provider does not aim at selling anything to anybody, but use ICT to do
a better job for the same amount of spending. So using an ict service to
replace or improve a non-ict ones. What i meant is that at the origin of
the project you should clearly identify if you targetting a commercial
or non-commercial model. I will clarify.
agriculture and education are not in essence commercial or
non-commercial. It is a decision at the beginning. when you work on a
specific project, you should decide at the beginning if this is going to
be a (direct or indirect) commercial service or not. The tasks you will
conduct will be different depending on the case.

> Business models shouldn't be classified
> based on an application area or product, it should instead be purely
> based on the ecosystem relations....

100% agreed i believe it is an optin for the service provider, and it
shuold be clearly clarified and selected at the beginning.

> Sorry, I missed the last meeting. Can you pls. post the minutes and also
> notify when we have our next meeting?

Our next meeting will be next monday, Jan 18. the last one, Jan 4 has
been canceled due to lack of participants. So the official last one was
Dec 21, and minutes has been posted
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mw4d/2009Dec/0009.html )

Cheers
Steph