Re: business models

Hello,
   Yes, covering the best practices of a MW4D business
ecosystem (players involved in deployment and the end-impact analysis) will
be useful, in addition to the technology platforms and tools.

Nicolas, I have been searching for some objective impact analysis of ICT4D
that can be generalized beyond the cases covered. For a moment, I thought
your Monday keynote speech on WBCSD was that... But I think most
presentations there focus on sustainable development in general and not
specific to the application of technology. right?

Nevertheless, I feel that a WBCSD like approach for MW4D impact could be
interesting to consider...

Understanding what clicked in a particular successful ecosystem
configuration (if I may use this as a generic form replacing business model)
would be useful to note. And correspondingly identify the key parameters
that define the impact. Perhaps we begin with this as the first step?

Stephane, yours is an interesting article. I need one clarification there.
You say:

"What I call a non-commercial model is a model where the integration of an
ICT service has the objective to increase the efficiency or the coverage of
a particular non-ICT activity, typically the provision of a public service
such as agriculture extension or education."

By this, did you mean that all MW4D technology projects applied on non-ICT
areas are non-commercial? I beg to disagree. Because, according to your
definition, an operator offering agricultural information or mobile-based
learning should also be adopting a non-commercial model? which is not the
reality... Business models shouldn't be classified  based on an application
area or product, it should instead be purely based on the ecosystem
relations....

Sorry, I missed the last meeting. Can you pls. post the minutes and also
notify when we have our next meeting?

Regards
Renjish