RE: Use Cases

I don’t know exactly what Zoltan meant, but to me, a “Student” is someone who is taking lessons and needs to be able to interact with their instructor in a variety of ways (accepting and turning in assignments, for example), whereas a “Learner” is someone who is learning how to play a particular piece – perhaps “Practicer” is a better term. Many of a Practicer’s use cases are the same as a Performer’s – listening, viewing just their part, transposition, unrolling repeats, etc. However, the needs during practice are different than the needs during a performance.

A Practicer might want:
To listen at a slower tempo than written so that a tricky portion of the music can be mastered.
To annotate the music to indicate tricky spots, breath marks, etc.
To assess their current performance against the score

A Performer might want:
To quickly find pieces to play (when taking requests during a live performance, for example)
To view annotations made while practicing or contributed from a conductor

--Christina

---

Christina Noel
Sr. Software Engineer, Musicnotes

Direct:  |  Fax: 608.662.1688  |  CNoel@musicnotes.com<mailto:CNoel@musicnotes.com>

[Musicnotes.com]<http://www.musicnotes.com>

www.musicnotes.com<http://www.musicnotes.com/>  |  Download Sheet Music

Musicnotes, Inc  |  901 Deming Way, Ste 100  |  Madison, WI 53717
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/musicnotesdotcom>  |  Twitter<http://twitter.com/musicnotes>