Re: HTML5 + ITS 2.0 validation

On 11.1.2013 13:03, Pablo Nieto Caride wrote:

> I told him to use either W3C  <http://validator.w3.org/>
> http://validator.w3.org/ or  <http://html5.validator.nu/>
> http://html5.validator.nu/ but he says that he creates hundreds of documents
> at once and wants to validate the whole batch. I read that you can download
> the W3C validator and run a local copy and that it has a SOAP API so writing
> a batch validation tool should not be very difficult, but I’m not sure if
> there are more proper ways to do so, are you aware of any other solution.

Please note that publicly available validators haven't been updated yet
with HTML5+ITS support. However all changes are ready and waiting to be
deployed there. However you can still invoke batch validation using APIs
of these services.

> On the other hand, your HTML5 + ITS 2.0 validator, would be able to work in
> a similar way?

You mean this one?
https://github.com/kosek/html5-its-tools

Yes, you can write simple shell/batch script which will invoke
validation command on all files you need to test.

     Jirka