From: Tadej Štajner [mailto:tadej.stajner@ijs.si]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 10:40 AM
To: Serge Gladkoff
Cc: Felix Sasaki; Dave Lewis; Dr. David Filip; Yves Savourel; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
Subject: Re: Locworld June Re: Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 7 January, 4 p.m. UTC

Hi, Serge, all,
if we're doing a second submission, here's how my part looks:

Contact: tadej.stajner@ijs.si
Bio: Tadej Štajner is a researcher at Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia, performing research on natural language processing in multilingual and cross-lingual applications.
Topic: Creating translation context with disambiguation
Synopsis: Since short pieces of content can be difficult to interpret when placed out of context, we discuss and demonstrate the application of natural language processing techniques, such as word sense disambiguation, entity extraction and disambiguation for the purpose of annotating words, names and phrases with explicit identifiers, providing the needed additional context. We describe how the ITS2.0 standard supports this scenario, and how the same mechanism could be applied to improving machine translation quality and assisting the terminology management life cycle.

Let me know what would add, and I can make a second pass to make it more coherent Also, if no-one else is contributing, we can probably move the discussion off-list.
-- Tadej