W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > January 2013

RE: Locworld June Re: Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 7 January, 4 p.m. UTC

From: Serge Gladkoff <sgladkoff@logrus.ru>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 22:47:43 +0000
To: "Dr. David Filip" <David.Filip@ul.ie>, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>, Dave Lewis <dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>, "tadej.stajner@ijs.si" <tadej.stajner@ijs.si>, "public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org" <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2683F0C545BDA044B0DB00EBDE95F5F350B269BC@SRV-MAIL3.logrus.ru>
We in Logrus cannot agree to this more.

Especially the importance of ITS to terminology. Not to mention that Terminology is in fact a key to HQMT :).

Regards,
Serge



From: Dr. David Filip [mailto:David.Filip@ul.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:25 PM
To: Yves Savourel; Felix Sasaki; Dave Lewis; tadej.stajner@ijs.si<mailto:tadej.stajner@ijs.si>; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org<mailto:public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Locworld June Re: Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 7 January, 4 p.m. UTC

I think there is curiosity if not interest re NLP use in Localization. I wrote an intro article on NLP for the January/Feb multilingual, where I am using ITS disambiguation as a suitable way for encoding text analytics input for Loc roundtrip. I can confirm this would be interesting for LocWorld audience. If you do not succeed for LocWolrd zou could still submit it for FEISGILTT, which will be a cheaper way how to engage with the more technical part of the LocWorld audience..

Dave, says that the disambiguation is more useful for MT. I do not entirely agree.
I do not see large MT providers like Google building support for this info. On the other hand, SOLAS consumes the disambiguation info and presents it to the human agent, as a color-coded span with linked reference, eventually prose comment.

People keep talking about importance of terminology management, however terminology has always lower priority compared to direct leveraging, as it is harder to put a financial benefit tag on it. Getting marked terminology candidates via ITS encoded disambiguation info is very attractive bootstrapping scenario for human translation..
Apart from that using disambiguation as term candidates in a broder term life cycle is an obvious backdoor for terminology (term), which is good.

Rgds
dF

Dr. David Filip
=======================
LRC | CNGL | LT-Web | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie<mailto:david.filip@ul.ie>

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com<mailto:ysavourel@enlaso.com>> wrote:
Hi Felix, Dave, all,

We do implement Disambiguation and we have a consumer for Enrycher, and we can output the enriched-XLIFF.
I'm just not sure how that would be used on the translator side.
It would be probably more useful for an MT system.
Another thing that we'll have is some steps to clean-up bilingual data for MT training. I suppose Enrycher would allow to markup proper name that should be anonymized for example.
So we certainly have some demo material for this.

cheers,
-yves

From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org<mailto:fsasaki@w3.org>]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 1:14 PM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: 'Dave Lewis'; public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org<mailto:public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>; tadej.stajner@ijs.si<mailto:tadej.stajner@ijs.si>
Subject: Re: Locworld June Re: Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 7 January, 4 p.m. UTC

Hi all, putting Tadej into CC,

I'm wondering if we could convince Tadej to join this.

I am asking since one aim of ITS2 and the whole project is to bring text analytics technology into localization. We have achieved that via disambiguation to some extend and thanks to Enrycher. Locworld would be the perfect timing to spread the word.

I wouldn't propose necessarily a separate submission (not sure if that would be successful), but maybe some people want to join forces?

Best,

Felix

Am 07.01.13 20:51, schrieb Yves Savourel:
Hi Felix, Dave, all,

I think it would be good to have some ITS presence, not only at FEISGILLT, but also in the main conference. After all there is a "Standard" track there.

Dave: The proposal you submitted sound nice and very broad. I was thinking of submitting a topic on "Interoperability and Quality Check" (or something like that). It would be an illustration of practical use of ITS information (e.g. LQI and a few other) across different tools and document types, using Language-Tool, CheckMate and possibly MemSource, along with XML, HTML5 and XLIFF documents.
Do you think that would fit somewhere into your larger submission or should it go as a separate (maybe more end-users oriented) presentation?

Thanks,
-yves


From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:fsasaki@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 12:09 PM
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org<mailto:public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Subject: Locworld June Re: Update [Agenda] MLW-LT call 7 January, 4 p.m. UTC

Hi Dave all,

I missed the locworld topic today, apologies for that. I would propose that everybody who plans a submission would mention this in this thread. I don't know details about FEISGILLT2, this may be of interest to others too.

Best,

Felix

Am 04.01.13 12:06, schrieb Felix Sasaki:
Hi Dave, all,

Am 04.01.13 11:45, schrieb Dave Lewis:
Hi Felix,
Can we add the following items also:

First, I'm afraid the TCD lecture timetabling computer is making my life difficult again, from the 14th Jan to the 1st Arpil I have lectures monday 16.00 to 18.00 irish time (currently = UTC) which clashes our regular call. My apologies for this disruption (yet again), but could I request we move the regular slot - perhaps back to our old Thursday afternoon slot?

OK, Thursday would be fine by me - this would be 4 p.m. UTC, right?


Second, on dissemination, the speaker proposal deadline for Locworld London (June) is due on the 10th Jan so we should quickly coordinate input to this, and also to FIESGILTT-2 which is now confirmed to co-locate there also!

Good point, will add that to 7) AOB.

Best,

Felix


cheers,
Dave


On 04/01/2013 06:50, Felix Sasaki wrote:
Hi all,

a happy new year to all! I hope you had a good end of year holiday.

Below is an updated agenda for the Monday 7 January call. Main change is addition of issue-67

Best,

Felix


See http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Main_Page#Upcoming

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130107T16

DIAL IN DETAILS:  http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Dial_in_info_for_regular_call


1) LC feedback
Current state at http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling
who to nudge for feedback by 10 January
There is no last call comment from outside the working group. We need to make a push for comments in early January.


2) New LC issues or update on open issues

2.1) New value for localization quality type "conformance" https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/63
Goal: find at least two people who agree with this and no disagreement.

2.2) Removing disambigClassPointer https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/64
2.3) Need to clarify global provenance https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/65
2.4) Location of its:version https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/66
Goal for above three issues: agree on them, make the spec change, close the issues.

2.5) Regular expression change https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/issues/67
Goal: find out what is "new evidence" compared to the previous discussion https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/actions/189


3) Test suite

3.1) Test case distribution
See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Dec/0087.html
We need input from Ankit, Arle+Phil, Karl, Philip, Tadej, Yves (confirmed and done)

3.2) Test suite M3
Reminder, see top of
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
" 31st January 2013: M3 - Test files completely run."
This meeting is a good opportunity to let us know whether we have to expect a delay.

3.3) Various changes to test suite during break
- Bug storage size output http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-tests/2012Dec/0188.html
- Other clean up etc., see mails 22.12 - 23.12 at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-tests/2012Dec/
- Update of input files needed, see Jirka's validatation output attached to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-tests/2012Dec/0198.html
We need corrections for input files in disambiguation and Provenance. Tadej and Philip, can you take care of these?

3.4) Test suite dashboard
action for all implementers *by 14 January*: enter the string "yes" to each cell that you are really running at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIk0-aoSKOadG5HQmJDT2EybWVvVC1VbnF5alN2S3c#gid=0
See dashboard draft attached to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-tests/2012Dec/0190.html
Goal: decide how to move forward with dashboard


4)
Best practices topic
See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Dec/0092.html
https://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/products/8
Goal: see what has happened during the end of year break


5)
XML Prague demo session
See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Dec/0094.html
Goal: confirm finally who will go and present what.


6) Prague f2f
See http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/PragueJan2013f2f
agenda draft, logistics etc. to be done.
Main topics will be:
- last call comments
- implementation status and Rome preparation. Please update "your" implementation descriptions listed at
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Use_cases_-_high_level_summary
before the f2f and be prepared to give a short update on them during the f2f.
Not in here but input and real life demos needed for Rome:
- metadata harvesting, see below
- integration status of Enrycher with Drupal
- Enrycher+Drupal+...+MT workflow?
- anything else?


7) AOB


8) EC-project internal
12 month report update and review planning
action-360 and action-361 is done: no page length restriction on report; the annual cost claim (financial statement) and the related progress reports are due 60 days after the end of the period.
Input urgently needed from
- Declan/Ankit/Clemens (action-352, action-353) about tasks 5.1-5.2 (metadata harvesting module)
- David (action-351) about task 4.3 (xliff roundtripping)
- myself (action-354) about wp1 (mgmt)
Deadline for above input will be 14 January.

=========================
Received on Tuesday, 8 January 2013 22:48:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:08:26 UTC