Changes to Localization Quality Issue

From: Arle Lommel <arle.lommel@dfki.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:57:06 +0100
To: Multilingual Web LT Public List Public List <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi all,

I made some changes to the specification today in the Localization Quality Issue:

1. I added some clarification and examples that "terminology" refers to formal or domain-specific terminology, *not* to general word choice or other typos. In other words, a simple wrong word ("pin" instead of "pen") doesn't count in that issue type. (This is an explanatory clarification, not a normative change. However, I added a MUST NOT, so maybe that is more normative than it seems, although that only clarifies an industry assumption about what “terminology” means.)

2. I added clarification to “locale violation” to make it clear that using the wrong forms (e.g., British spelling in a U.S. document) counts here, rather than in simple misspelling. (This clarifies intent, but doesn't change normative behavior.)

3. I change whitespace to indicate that it applies not only to source-target mismatch but to any general whitespace problems as determined by the particular situation (e.g., using a string of spaces instead of a tab).

These are all in response to Daniel Naber’s questions as an early implementer. I thank him once again for his detailed attention.

-Arle