Re: [ACTION-79]Consider consolidation of status-related data categories and process trigger

Hi Pedro, Guys,
Following the previous discussion on the proposal for consolidation
around these data categories I have now made the following changes to
the requirements document.

Pedro, as discussed on Friday's call could you and any other interested
parties examine these changes and flag anything issues on this thread.

1) I have update processTrigger and changed its name to 'readiness' as
previously discussed
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#readiness

2) I have moved the need for a process model to a new requirement to
reflect its relevance to several of the other data categories, including
readiness, progress-indicator and provenance, and it need for further
careful consideration:
http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#Process_Model

3) As part of this consolidation I have removed the data categories of:
processTrigger, cacheStatus, legalStatus, processState,
proofreadingState and revision state

4) I've updated the data category tables and the related interests
accordingly

5) I've highlighted issues (in bold below) to consider about the
following properties of the removed processTrigger that are no longer
present (as recorded in the notes for the readiness data category)

  * /contentType/, values: MIME or custom values - This indicates the
    format or the type of the content used in the content in order to
    apply the right filter or normalization rules, and the subsequent
    processes. For example, to express HTML we could use: “contentType:
    text/html: *consider consolidation with formatType or languageResource*
  * /sourceLang/ – value: standard ISO 639 value - this value indicates
    the source language for the current translation requested. It is
    different from the sourceLanguage (provenance) Data Category , since
    this indicates the language the original source text was and
    sourceLang indicates the current source language to be used for the
    translation that can be different from the original source - *this
    should be considered as an attribute for proveance*
  * /contentResultSource/ –value: yes / no. Indicates the format if the
    Localisation chain needs to give back the original - *is this
    necessary as an attribute here or as a separate attribute*
  * /contentResultTarget/ – value: monolingual, multilingual; indicates
    if the resulting translation, in the cases of several target
    languages, should be delivered in several monolingual content files
    or in a single multilingual content file *this would require a more
    general purpose return file indicator*
  * /pivotLang/ - value: standard ISO value. Indicates the intermediate
    language in the case is needed. Two examples: 1) Going from a source
    language to two language variants (eg. into Brazil and Portugal
    Portuguese), it is more cost-effective to go to one first (being
    this first variant a "pivot" language) and to revise later to the
    second variant; Going from one language to another via an
    intermediate language (eg. from Maltese into English and from
    English into Irish, because there is not direct Maltese into Irish
    available translation). - *consider consolidation with source
    language, , i.e. it is an attibute of the source language*

Regards,
Dave