Re: targetPointer Requirement update

Hi Yves,
If this is to deal with XLIFF and TMX file specifically, then I'm afraid
I still don't understand the use case very well.

Where there is already an element structure in the host document that
indicates source and target content, what is the use case where the
implementer wouldn't read the relevant XLIFF or TMX schema document to
figure out how to parse this themselves. This seems simpler than
defining a new standard tag in ITS to essentially explain the schema of
XLIFF and TMX.

Is there some class of useage of XLIFF and TMX that makes the
interpretation of their source-target binding difficult to parse
directly in practice?

Also, consideration non-translation use cases such as semantic tagging
or parallel text extraction , it doesn't seem likely that you'd do these
without needing either to write to the file or understand say the
distinction between translation and an alt-trans - in which case you'd
need a working understanding of XLIFF/TMX anyway.

cheers,
Dave