Missing requirment - content format/type

From: Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:05:35 -0600
To: <public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org>
Hi,

I think there is a need for a data category indicating the format of the content to be processed.

More and more data formats hold content in different formats, a classic one is HTML inside an XML document. But there are many variations of this. There are also the complex cases of nested formats.

It would be useful to have a standard way to indicate such variations of content to extraction tools (and to the other tools down the chain). It would probably be something in the 'internationalization' category.

I see we have a "formatType" requirement[1] and a 'contentType' property in the "processTrigger" requirement.

[1] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#formatType
[2] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements#processTrigger

What I have in mind is very close or identical to the 'contentType' Pedro has listed, but as a distinct data category (that, obviously, could be used also in the processTrigger information).

(I also think the 'formatType' data category may be clearer with a different name)

Cheers,
-yves