XPath Version

From: Shaun McCance <shaunm@gnome.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:11:59 -0400
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
What version of XPath will be used for ITS 2.0? ITS 1.0 says "The
selector attribute contains an AbsoluteLocationPath as described
in XPath 1.0 or its successor."

But XPath 2.0 isn't entirely backwards compatible with XPath 1.0.

I suppose new standards probably ought to use the newest version.
But XPath 2.0 is considerably more difficult to implement, and a
full implementation requires an XSD implementation. 2.0 isn't as
widely implemented as 1.0, and requiring it could hurt adoption.

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I didn't see anything
on the wiki pages.