W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mobileok-checker@w3.org > March 2008

RE: New release of CSS Validator

From: Miguel Garcia <miguel.garcia@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:30:37 +0100
Message-ID: <09700B613C4DD84FA9F2FEA521882819031247CA@ayalga.fundacionctic.org>
To: "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>, "public-mobileok-checker" <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>
Cc: "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>

>>-----Mensaje original-----
>>De: public-mobileok-checker-request@w3.org [mailto:public-mobileok-
>>checker-request@w3.org] En nombre de Dominique Hazael-Massieux
>>Enviado el: jueves, 13 de marzo de 2008 18:14
>>Para: public-mobileok-checker
>>CC: Yves Lafon
>>Asunto: Re: New release of CSS Validator
>>Le jeudi 13 mars 2008 à 15:53 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
>>> Le jeudi 13 mars 2008 à 14:22 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a écrit :
>>> > As a result, I have added velocity-1.5.jar to our lib directory
>>> > (accompanied with its -LICENSE file), and updated the css-
>>> > with the new release.
>>> .... which apparently makes many of our CSS-related tests fail :(
>>Having looked just at the surface of it, the checker reports a "Parsing
>>error", per line 98 of
>>for style sheets that are so obviously valid that the problem must lie
>>elsewhere (e.g.
>>nt-type=text/plain )
>>I suspect that the assumption that was made in catching parsing errors
>>no longer holds true, but I haven't had time to look further into it

Launching the tester gives me the next warning 
org.w3c.css.util.Messages: couldn't load properties en
  java.io.FileNotFoundException: \file:\C:\Proyectos\mobileok-ref\lib\css-validator.jar!\org\w3c\css\util\Messages.properties.en (El nombre de archivo, directorio o etiqueta del volumen no es válido) for all messages files.

Digging a bit through org.w3c.css.util.Messages.java code I reached where locales are inicialized and messages files loaded. In order to load a messages file the URL pointing at it is cleaned through adjustURL method. This method doesn't consider file:/ (with only one slash '/') option so I ended with an URL as file:///file:/......

After modifying this class so adjustURL method is not used and replacing the css library and I managed to launch ContentFormatSupportTest 7 with success.

I'm not sure if this fix will work under all operating systems, FYI mine is Windows XP.

Received on Friday, 14 March 2008 13:30:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:21:20 UTC