New release of CSS Validator

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:53:02 +0100
To: ot@w3.org
Cc: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>, www-validator-css@w3.org

Hi,

Congratulations for the new release of the CSS Validator!

As you may know, we're using the CSS Validator code as part of our
Java-based mobileOK checker:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2007/mobileok-ref/

I downloaded the new css-validator.jar this morning to see if it could
be used as-is in replacement of the previous version, but doing so
triggers a bunch of errors in our regression test suite.

It appears that there is now a dependency of the validator on the
org.apache.velocity package, even when not using the HTML output of the
validator:
        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/velocity/io/UnicodeInputStream
        at org.w3c.css.css.StyleSheetParser.parseStyleElement(StyleSheetParser.java:258)
        at org.w3c.mwi.mobileok.basic.CSSUtils.getStylesheet(CSSUtils.java:84)

Can you confirm this is a new and intended dependency?

Thanks,