Re: Namespaces in messages.properties.xml

From: Roland Gülle <roland@7val.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:19:38 +0200
Cc: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
To: "Laura Holmes" <holmes@google.com>

Hi Laura,

> I've been working on refining the caching test and I have a
> question about the error messages we're reporting and how that
> whole thing functions. Basically, after the CachingTest.xsl (or any
> test for that matter) successfully identifies an error, it looks to
> messages.properties.xml to find the corresponding message to print
> out. However, the function "moki:msgI18n" in the functions.xsl file
> kept failing to recognize the ID I had supplied in the messages
> file for the specified error. It kept reporting that the message id
> was not defined. I hacked the messages file a bit by inserting
> xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/2007/05/moki under the "messages" tag and
> now it seems to work.
Great!
Use messages.properties.<LANGUAGE>.xml to generate language specific
messages.

> My question is: what should the namespace for messages file be?
> Should we continue to use this one or make up a different namespace
> for the messages file? Or should we be doing something different
> entirely?
xpath-default-namespace="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/moki" sets the
default namespace, so I used this namespace to keep the XPath in the
msgI18n function easy as possible.
If a new namespace is needed, we can change the function.

Cheers,
  Roland