Namespaces in messages.properties.xml

From: Laura Holmes <holmes@google.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:03:56 -0400
To: public-mobileok-checker@w3.org
Hi all,
I've been working on refining the caching test and I have a question about
the error messages we're reporting and how that whole thing functions.
Basically, after the CachingTest.xsl (or any test for that matter)
successfully identifies an error, it looks to messages.properties.xml to
find the corresponding message to print out. However, the function
"moki:msgI18n" in the functions.xsl file kept failing to recognize the ID I
had supplied in the messages file for the specified error. It kept reporting
that the message id was not defined. I hacked the messages file a bit by
inserting xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/2007/05/moki under the "messages" tag
and now it seems to work.

My question is: what should the namespace for messages file be? Should we
continue to use this one or make up a different namespace for the messages
file? Or should we be doing something different entirely?

Cheers,
Laura