Re: status of checker in CVS

From: Roland Gülle <roland@7val.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:33:04 +0200
Cc: public-mobileok-checker <public-mobileok-checker@w3.org>
To: "Laura Holmes" <holmes@google.com>

Hi Laura (and all),

> As we were having some problems with the CVS version at the time of
> the conference, I wanted to check in and see what version of the
> checker currently resides in CVS. There was some talk of rolling
> back changes and I was wondering if that occurred. I was also
> wondering if someone could tell me the problems they were having
> with the checker so that I could track down the issues and fix them.
I don't know any problems,
but I have some "XSLT comments" we can discuss:
Actually lots of checks uses:
xsl:call-template and xsl:for-each

Using xsl:call-template and xsl:for-each is typical for using XSLT as
a normal programming language.
I would recommend to use xsl:apply-templates and xsl:match [1],
if you have different jobs in one transformation, use the 'mode'
attribute.
Any comments?

Cheers,
  Roland

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2007/mobileok-ref/src/org/w3c/
mwi/mobileok/basic/xslt/TablesNestedTest.xsl?rev=1.7&content-
type=text/plain