RE: ACTION 515 -New CSS approach

Ah, I thought we had abandoned the CSS-in-XML approach. As I had been
working, in a rather background kind of way, on a serialization which I
thought might be useful some time down the road. If we are to have a
serialization I think it needs to be robust as a stand-alone piece of
work and it needs to work for style sheets, style elements and style
attributes.

If we are going to switch tack back to CSS-in-XML I'd be happy to up the
priority of what I have been doing. It does not look a whole lot
different to what is suggested below, but as always, the devil is in the
detail.

Jo

      <ruleset>

            <selector value="table"/>

            <declaration property="margin" important="true">

                  <value value="2" unit="px"/>

                  <value value="2" unit="px"/>

                  <value value="2" unit="px"/>

                  <value value="2" unit="px"/>

            </declaration>

            <declaration property="background-color">

                  <value value="#ffccff"/>

            </declaration>

      </ruleset>

      <ruleset>