Re: mobile version url structure and users

From: Veronica Cisneros <veronica@websonalized.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:02:52 -0700
To: public-mobile-dev@w3.org
Given the nature of URLs, I think that mobile.domain.com or anything that
variates from your domain.com can hinder you in the long
run. Particularly with how search engines map websites. As Pedro mentioned,
you could redirect from normal address to mobile address. But if I were you,
I would make the normal template recognize mobile devices, and make rules to
display a mobile template within the same address, no redirects. Again, only
filter mobile devices indicating to display a mobile like template from
domain.com

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM, "Sarah Schöpf" <sarah_schoepf@gmx.at>wrote:

> I am a junior developer at https://www.interwetten.com and we are
> discussing the pros and cons of the integration opportunities (regarding url
> structure) for a mobile version from our website. At the moment you can find
> it at https://mobile.interwetten.com/.
>
> In my opinion there are 5 possibilities:
> - mobile.domain.com
> - m.domain.com
> - domain.com/mobile
> - domain.com/m
> - domain.mobi
>
> What would you prefer? Are there any statistics what users prefer when they
> search the mobile version of a website?
>

> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 Euro/mtl.! Jetzt mit
> gratis Handy-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Veronica Cisneros
small business web design that helps you harness the power of the
internet...
http://websonalized.com
http://websonalized.com/los-angeles-search-engine-optimization-los-angeles-seo-los-angeles-submit-website-to-search-los-angeles-organic-search-los-angeles-search-engine-marketing-los-angeles-search-engine-results.html