Re: thoughts on next steps

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 02:55:41 -0400
To: James Fuller <jim@webcomposite.com>
Cc: public-microxml@w3.org
James Fuller scripsit:

> * I maybe wrong, but I don't think the recent publication communicated
> to the world at large that we are seeking public review … we should
> reinforce this message

I agree.

> I think the spec is remarkably brief, concise and from a personal
> point of view cohesive (at least for my purposes) … and I note this
> single document replaces a number of other docs (wondering what the
> page count ratio is)

MicroXML: 7 pages
JSON RFC: 10 pages
XML Rec (5th Edition): 30 pages + XML Infoset: 14 pages = 43 pages

> I will start writing up some tutorial around the parsers i've created.

Excellent.  I'm going back to working on MicroLark.

--
Income tax, if I may be pardoned for saying so,         John Cowan
is a tax on income.  --Lord Macnaghten (1901)           cowan@ccil.org