Re: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:37:13 -0500
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Cc: public-microxml@w3.org, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>, Stephen D Green <stephengreenubl@gmail.com>
Brian Kardell scripsit:

> I disagree that this is necessarily a good thing - I think if there
> is a hope to pull this off it has to involve some "on its own merits"
> growth/uptake by a community lest it be viewed as being something
> handed from on high.  I'm curious to hear James Clark's view on this...

Well, I absolutely agree that bottom-up work is required, either by the
CG as a whole, or by its members individually, or by third parties --
preferably all at once.  But given James's experience with RELAX NG
(bottom-up) vs. XML Schema (top-down) adoption, I'd guess he'd be in
favor of as much top-down push as we can get.  I certainly am, and I
trust the XML Core WG not to make a botch of things (I've been a member
since its founding in 1999).

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  http://ccil.org/~cowan
In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.