Re: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:

> Brian Kardell scripsit:
>
> > For my own curiosity mainly, what benefit really comes from moving
> > this to a normal wg at this stage?
>
> The additional publicity/prestige that comes from becoming a WG
> Recommendation, in principle equal to XML.
>
> --
> No saves, Antonio, loke es morirse en su lingua. Es komo            John
> Cowan
> kedarse soliko en el silensyo kada dya ke Dyo da, komo
> cowan@ccil.org
> ser sikileoso sin saver porke.
> http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
>                         --Marcel Cohen, 1985

I disagree that this is necessarily a good thing - I think if there is a
hope to pull this off it has to involve some "on its own merits"
growth/uptake by a community lest it be viewed as being something handed
from on high.  I'm curious to hear James Clark's view on this...