Re: The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:43:31 -0500
To: Stephen D Green <stephengreenubl@gmail.com>
Cc: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>, public-microxml@w3.org
Stephen D Green scripsit:

> I reckon giving consent to the WG to take the spec further should
> be *in parallel* to this CG pushing it as far towards standardisation
> as possible. After all, the WG might not actually want to take it further
> - just have agreement from us that they MAY do so. That doesn't
> mean the CG stops trying to take it further themselves (too?), does it?

No.  But if the WG actually accepts MicroXML as a work item, and we
agree to hand it off, then we'd have to stop working on it.  It serves
no one for there to be two evolving MicroXML specs, the CG flavor and
the WG flavor.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      cowan@ccil.org
Be yourself.  Especially do not feign a working knowledge of RDF where