Re: Proposed extension of data model

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Chris Lahey <clahey@clahey.net> wrote:

> Is it okay that your "microxml parser" will have cases where the data
> model generated doesn't produce a valid microxml document?  Is the
> plan to have it generate invalid microxml that your parser will parse
> to the same data model?

Yes and yes. I haven't done the 2nd part yet but I think it's achievable.
(At least, I either need to add # as a name start char or rename my fake
root element to, say, $doc).)

See https://github.com/jclark/microxml-er/blob/master/recovery.md

> The reason I ask is that if multiple people write error handling
> parsers, it'd be fantastic if they gave the same results for the same
> input.  I'd like to add error handling to my haskell parser.

That would be awesome. It would be great to have a Haskell
implementation. My implementation has a lot more complexity than I would
like for a variety of reasons.

James