Re: Error recovery

From: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:23:59 +0700
To: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Cc: public-microxml@w3.org
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> On 17.11.2012 3:53, James Clark wrote:
> > I have been writing a parser that does error recovery.
>
> Hi James,
>
> is your error recovery based on XML-ER
> (http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xml-er/raw-file/tip/Overview.html) or are you
> thinking about different approach?

Different.

- I believe the architecture should make it possible to use schema
information if it is available
- I believe error handling for (Micro)XML should be carefully designed,
rather than copied from HTML5
- Not streaming. I think streaming prevents adequate handling of cases
where the input does not consist of a single element.
- Different style of specification (I don't like the WHATWG style)

James