Re: Proposed extension of data model

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 02:12:21 -0500
To: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
Cc: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@falutin.net>, liam@w3.org, Uche Ogbuji <uche@ogbuji.net>, "public-microxml (public-microxml@w3.org)" <public-microxml@w3.org>
James Clark scripsit:

> Note that this data model is intended to be useful not just for MicroXML.
> For example, it can also be used to represent XML or HTML documents.
> When the data model results from parsing a MicroXML document, it will
> satisfy the following restrictions:

[snipped]

On reflection, I think that this is the wrong way around.  The model
should be defined in terms of what MicroXML allows, so that every valid
data model corresponds to some MicroXML documents (there will always be
more than one such document because of lexical variants, comments, etc.)

Then, at the end, something like:

This data model can be extended to be useful for types of documents
besides MicroXML by removing the restrictions specified in the last
two paragraphs.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan@ccil.org