Re: MicroXML is for hand | automated generation

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:

> James said "Maybe we should add something like "MicroXML shall support
> the use of
> text editors for authoring" as a goal."
>
> One quite simple positive for uxml (for me) is to ease human comprehension,
> for an author. I.e. the handwritten document should be the prime use case.
>
> On that basis I would see automated generation as secondary.

Well MicroXML as largely discussed so far would also simplify automated
generation. All the XML generation tools I've developed are complicated
because of the many knobs required to cover XML.  MicroXML would simplify
such code. I think it would also reduce the areas in which automated
generation could get itself into trouble.  I see no reason why a goal
cannot mention both, e.g.:

MicroXML shall support the use of text editors for authoring, and shall
also make automated generation of MicroXML simpler than XML.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net