Von: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.pawson@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2012 08:27
An: public-microxml@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Some possible MicroXML design goals

On 24 July 2012 19:29, John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
> Dave Pawson scripsit:
>
>> If I can derive (for some definition of derive) html5 from MicroXML
>> then I would be satisfied.
>
> If colons are not to be allowed, then HTML-ish documents would have to
> be represented in MicroXML using some messy convention, like xlink_href
> instead of xlink:href.  Just because we allow colons doesn't put
> namespaces into the data model.

I don't like the assumption in that last sentence John?
  If (most) see colons in a name, they assume namespaces are valid?

Point taken about needing xlink_href, can anyone think of a way round that?
Or should we simply allow xlink:href as a name as opposed to a qname?

  How wrong could it go if we 'assume' that href means xlink:href, when
transforming from uxml to html5?

If you have wiki access (who does? ) could we create an issues page please?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.