Bye Alan

From: Rutger van Waveren <rutger@van-waveren.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:01:34 +0200
To: public-memoria@w3.org

I was at W3C/MIT for 6 months for an internship in 2002/2003, Alan was my adviser. I have warm memories of Alan; he was one of a kind.

Alan had so many stories to tell, from his involvement with the early computer game Spacewar to producing electronic music in the sixties. I also remember a truly great Thanksgiving at the Kotok family.

What always put a smile on my face was the walk Alan took regularly around the office of W3C. Sometimes I saw him passing by, sometimes he stopped by for a short or long talk. His dry humor and his sense for putting things in perspective made him wonderful.