Alan Kotok

From: Matt May <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:35:25 -0700
To: public-memoria@w3.org

It was with great sadness that I learned of Alan's passing today.

My heart goes out to Alan's family for their loss, and also to my
friends and colleagues at W3C and elsewhere for theirs. But I am also
sad for those who never had a chance to encounter him, for they have
lost out on a rare experience: to know a genuinely good person.
Someone who, through his own wisdom and humanity, made us who knew
him strive to be wiser, to be more human. Someone who challenged us
not just to be better, but to be good.

Thank you, Alan. You will be missed.

-