W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > October 2011

minutes of 2011-10-05 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:00:22 +0200
Message-ID: <4E947626.3090006@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's phone telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below).

   RaphaŽl

--------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
05 Oct 2011
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Oct/0000.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Thierry, Yves, Raphael, Erik, Philip, (irc), Chris
    Regrets
           Thomas, Davy
    Chair
           Raphael, Erik
    Scribe
           raphael
Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. ADMIN
          2. [6]2. SPEC
          3. [7]3. Test Cases
          4. [8]4. Community building
          5. [9]5. AOB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 05 October 2011

1. ADMIN

    PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last telecon:
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <erik> +1

    +1

    <doublec> +1

    minutes accepted

2. SPEC

    <scribe> New status section:
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#status

      [12] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#status

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: in particular for emphasiing that section 5.2 might
    go out after CR depending if there are enough implementations
    ... minor tweaking in section 4.2.2 for complying with comments from
    CSS WG

    Raphael: need to commit the table of the disposal of comments

    <Yves> see
    [13]http://services.w3.org/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01
    -transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&
    docstatus=cr-tr

      [13] 
http://services.w3.org/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=cr-tr

    Raphael: need then to find a time slot (dodle) for Erik, myself,
    Ralph, Philippe, Thierry, Yves to join

    ACTION-231?

    <trackbot> ACTION-231 -- Yves Lafon to check if his grammar is in
    synch with the latest version of the spec -- due 2011-07-13 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/231

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/231

    scribe: Yves needs to check that he has checked
    ... not critical for advancing the document

3. Test Cases

    User Agents:
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.html

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.html

    Servers:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases

    ACTION-233?

    <trackbot> ACTION-233 -- Jack Jansen to review TC-0095-UA to
    TC-0102-UA -- due 2011-07-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/233

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/233

    Volunteer for checking those test case?

    <scribe> ACTION: Chris to review TC-0095-UA to TC-0102-UA [recorded
    in [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-237 - Review TC-0095-UA to TC-0102-UA [on
    Chris Double - due 2011-10-12].

    drop ACTION-233

    close ACTION-233

    <trackbot> ACTION-233 Review TC-0095-UA to TC-0102-UA closed

    ACTION-232?

    <trackbot> ACTION-232 -- Chris Double to use the machine readable
    descriptions of the test cases (n3, rdf) for adapting to the Mozilla
    test suite framework -- due 2011-07-13 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/232

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/232

    scribe: I will do that by next week
    ... I need to consume the rdf file and pass it to the Mozilla test
    suite checker
    ... output will be HTML

    Erik: we will just test our server implementation
    ... I will check with Davy regarding the client implementation
    ... we have an automatic procedure ... I don't know the details
    ... it will not be a problem, and we will produce a HTML report

    <scribe> ACTION: Silvia to review TC0002-S to TC0026-S (server test
    cases) [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-238 - Review TC0002-S to TC0026-S (server
    test cases) [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2011-10-12].

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to review TC0027-S to TC0102-S (server test
    cases) [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-239 - Review TC0027-S to TC0102-S (server
    test cases) [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2011-10-12].

4. Community building

    I have bought mediafragments.org

    scribe: plan to be a showcase portal of the technology
    ... start a wiki page that references tools and applications that
    use the media fragment technology
    ... I will create a first draft of this wiki page

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to create a first draft of this page on the
    wiki before designing the web site [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-240 - Create a first draft of this page on
    the wiki before designing the web site [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due
    2011-10-12].

5. AOB

    Erik: planning, deadlines ?

    Raphael: deadline for the CR comments is 20/11
    ... we can exit if we have a solid implementation report
    ... meaning transitioning to PR end of November (optimistic view)
    ... and transitioning to rec just after (Christmas gift)

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Chris to review TC-0095-UA to TC-0102-UA [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Silvia to review TC0002-S to TC0026-S (server test
    cases) [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to create a first draft of this page on the
    wiki before designing the web site [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to review TC0027-S to TC0102-S (server test
    cases) [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 11 October 2011 17:01:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 11 October 2011 17:01:32 GMT