Re: comments on the latest editor's draft of Media Fragments URI 1.0

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 21:48:24 -0700
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
My comments were not formal Last Call comments about the specification,
but editorial and bugs to fix in order to have a pubrules conformant
document to be published.

Anyway I agree to the changes done in the spec.

Dear Thierry,

Thanks for your comments on the document. Some answers inline.

 > 1- The SOTD looks OK in general with following minor edits
 > * a small typo with " in [this specification to Recommendation" Status.]

 > * change wording "which might be take out from this" --> "which might be
 > removed from this"
 > * change wording "of the features described". "of the features at risk
 > described" (at risk is the proper wording in the W3C for features which
 > might not be implemented and be removed in PR).

After long discussion with Erik and Yves, we have decided to take out
the section 5.2 in a separate document since some of the features had
the risk to not be sufficiently implemented and therefore slow down the
recommendation process. This is clearly indicated in the document status

 > There are also a few minors issues in the doc to be fixed.
 > 1- There is one broken link:
 > Line: 112

 > and another which I guess will be resolve when you will publish the
 > disposition of comments.
 > error Line: 156

 > 2- There are a few issues with pubrules validation [1]
 > * The syntax of a "This Version" URI MUST be
 > <http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-shortname-2011MMDD/>.
 > Error (missing required trailing slash in
 > http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-media-frags-20111005

 > * The syntax of a "Latest Version" URI MUST be
 > <http://www.w3.org/TR/shortname/>.
 > Error (missing required trailing slash in

 > * Error. Required boilerplate text not found.
 > Include this source code:
 > Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or
 > obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite
 > this document as other than work in progress.</p>

The text was here already but with the terms "Candidate Recommendation"
instead of "Working Draft". I have put back "Working Draft".