Resolution of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0014.html

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:03:13 -0400
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
I'm not actually entirely satisfied with the resolution (or rather lack
thereof) of
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011May/0014.html

In practice we still need some sort of specification that spells out the
precise rules a UA is to follow to decide what the meaning of a fragment
identifier is (and in particular which set of rules to use for
interpreting it).  Right now neither SVG nor media-fragments defines
such a set of rules.

It's probably fine for media-fragments to proceed as-is for now assuming
that there is some working group that plans to actually clearly specify
behavior here.

-Boris